28.6.08

Waiting in line at AnimeBoston - for Kristina




Back in May one inauspicious Saturday morning my cousin and myself excitedly set out to Boston to attend our first ever anime convention. It warranted to become an entire day of unrestrained unbridled exorbitant anime goodness. Anime Boston. Little did we know one needed to pass the gatekeepers known as registration. One did this by waiting in line. This 'line' meandered through multiple lecture rooms at the Hynes convention center and is the unrivaled winner of long ass lines. For 5 hours we stayed queued, surrounded by one interesting phenomena. Serious cosplayers. Two things occurred to me. 1) We are out of place in our casual attire of sweatshirt and jeans. 2) This is the largest collection of Narutos one could ever expect to see.


Have been working on this a little bit here and there in my free time for over a month now. Flash and a bit of photoshop magic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waaa!

i love the happy Samus girl!

and the guy in the bowser costume is awesome too!


Hope you're doing well rayray

Unknown said...

Hehehe! awesome!! I love the Wii-guy. :D

Rachel said...

I love it! I've never been to Anime Boston, but when I was in high school, I always wanted to go. I can imagine it is very similar to your depiction, haha.