5.8.07

Request # 35 Vampire Chick and the birds




Request for a Vampire Chick
for Ashley (a very dear old friend of the family whom I haven't seen in years and years)

Took a weekend+ to make this one. Fell in love with my sketch and went all out. Pulled a lot of my own personal demons into it and found working on this to be one of the most therapeutic things I've made in awhile. Thanks Ash!
My birthday is coming up in a couple of days, and I'm feeling the effects of it tugging at my youth.

There exists a simple thing laid out before you that you can't touch. A simple thing that other people take for granted. No matter how hard one struggles, it is not yours to have. She feeds the birds so she can enjoy them basking in the one thing she can't have. With that stated, you find that you aren't the artist you want to be, and grabbing for it only burns you at times.

There is a lot I could say about duality. Light/dark, inside/outside, life/death, solitary/group. Since Ash asked for a vampire 'chick' I couldn't help but put birds in. :)

Lots of photoshop over an ink drawing.

Enjoy!

No comments: